Tuesday I got them to the point of basting the legs together for him to try on.
Wednesday I sewed the revised seams, cut, basted the carriers and got the waistband sewed on.
Tonight I finished them; stitched in the ditch, sewed the carriers in place, hemmed them and inserted a hook & eye. I tried explaining that there's a button on the inside waistband but he didn't want that.
I Love. Love. Love the fly front in these! The pockets are nice too. He couldn't take his hands out of them.
I got a stupid shine spot. Dang it. I need to re-crease them too. But, I'm getting much, MUCH better at blind hemming!!
50/50 poly/wool blend from Hancock
General styling of the pants.
The fly front.
They're basically stovepipes as drafted...The 36 has like a 13.75" leg opening. Sheesh. But it's my fault for not noticing that. Burda shows that on the envelope
No welts. I had no time for that.
I added 1" to the length but only needed 1/2"
I didn't topstitch the waistband.
"They look real!"
Uhh. Thanks son :-)